So, your apartment community has an Instagram account. Now what?
While personal accounts can be a fun way to share selfies and envy-inspiring vacation photos, more thought is needed for multifamily marketers who are trying to raise the profile of their apartment community.
To make the most of this popular platform, it’s important to think strategically and approach your posts with goals in mind. But no matter what your goals may be, remember that Instagram is all about photos, so make sure yours are great ones!
All of these social media platforms are extremely important to the success of your community but can become overwhelming pretty quickly. You could easily benefit from the social media and online reputation management services offered from Respage. Our platform takes the time and stress out of apartment social media management, contact us today for more information!
Goal #1: Drive traffic to your site
Apartment hunters are using Instagram to find their next home, so show ‘em what you got! Take some good photos of your community, including model units, amenities and outdoor spaces. Take advantage of the multiple photo option and include shots of the view as well as little details, like the gleam of the granite counters, for example, or spacious closets. The call to action is key in crafting captions:
- Imagine yourself living in this [number of bedrooms] apartment! It’s available now, and it won’t last long. Click the link in our profile for more info and to schedule a tour! #apartments #[city]apartments #apartmenthunting[city]
- Wanted: An awesome person to rent this beautiful [number of bedrooms] apartment in [#city]! It’ll be snatched up soon, so give us a call to set an appointment to see it before it’s too late. #apartments #[city]apartments #apartmenthunting[city]
- Like what you see? You’ll love it when you view it in person! Click the link in our profile to check out what’s available. #apartments #[city]apartments #apartmenthunting[city]
- This [number of bedrooms] apartment could be yours. We’re renting right now in [#city]! Click the link in our profile for more information and to set up a tour!
Goal #2: Build your brand
Decisions about where to live involve more than what an apartment looks like. The vibe of the community is important, too, so show your community’s personality. Let your followers know you care about more than just getting leases signed — you want to provide a certain lifestyle to your residents. Take a FOMO approach, if you will.
- Photo: A hand holding a cocktail on an apartment balcony.
- Caption: There’s no better way to unwind after a long day! #[propertyname] #[city]apartments #apartments #chilling #kickinit #relaxing
- Photo: A stir fry cooking in a wok on the stove.
- Caption: Step 1: Fall in love with this kitchen. Step 2: Fall in love with cooking! You’ll look forward to making dinner in this modern kitchen here at #[propertyname] #[city]apartments #apartments #cooking
- Photo: A security gate opening (best taken while standing where a car would be rather than from a car.)
- Caption: Life is different in a gated community. #[propertyname] #[city]apartments #apartments #luxury
Goal #3: Engage and entertain
Show what’s really going on in your community by sharing content that includes stuff like actual residents (including pets!), team members and events. This accomplishes two things: It gives potential renters a taste of what it’s really like to live in your community, and it also helps you engage with current residents.
- Photo: A brand new resident in front of their moving truck.
- Caption: Welcome to [#property name], @[new resident’s name]! We’re very happy to have you as a member of our community. #apartments #movingday #[city]apartments
- Photo: A dog doing something cute, like running through the grass or hanging out in a common area. You can use the multiple photo feature to share numerous photos. Make sure to tag the dogs’ human companions, or ask them to tag themselves.
- Caption: We love our four-legged friends here at #[property name]! #dogsofinstagram #apartments #dogsofinstagram #[city]apartments
- Photo: A team member holding out a plate of chocolate chip cookies.
- Caption: Don’t let [@team member’s name] eat all the cookies himself! Stop by the lobby for a treat after work. If you have any future treat requests, tell us in the comments! #[property name]! #cookies #apartments #[city]apartments
Respage knows apartment reputation management. We have developed a platform to help you manage your accounts and stay on top of you Instagram posts while also staying engaged with potential residents. Improve your multifamily marketing and get started with us today!