Why Use A Facebook Page Rather Than A Profile?
Aside from the fact that using a profile for a business or company violates Facebook’s Statements of Rights and Responsibilities, profiles don’t enable you to take advantage of all of the apps and features that are available to businesses and organizations that use Facebook Pages. These apps and features allow you to:
- create ad campaigns targeted at a specific demographic
- promote coupons and deals to your Facebook audience
- connect your YouTube account to your Facebook page
- create a welcome page that suits your industry’s needs
- promote your inventory
- share client/customer testimonials and much more!
Best Practices for Updating your Facebook Business Page
- Create Exterior Photo Album
- Create Interior Photo Album
- Create Floor Plan Photo Album
- Create a “Life At” Photo Album and highlight with photos of amenities
- Have a great Resident Event….. Don’t forget to post pictures and create an album
- Update Information
- Make sure all property information is accurate
- Add descriptions to property when necessary
- Make sure logo and photo banner are current
Can I convert my existing profile for my company or business to a Facebook Page?
Yes, you can, but there are some important things to note before you start the process.
First of all, the only content that will be automatically transferred from your profile to your page is your profile pictures, and your friends will be converted to people who like your page. Any other important information you will want to be sure to save before you begin the transition so that you can add it to your Facebook Page after the conversion is complete. However, Facebook does allow you to download your information from your profile. Here is the explanation of all that is included when you download your information from Facebook as well as how to begin the process of downloading your information from Facebook.
* Please note – you cannot pick and choose what information is downloaded, you will have to verify your identity, and the time it takes to download your information will vary depending on how much information is included in your profile. When your information is ready to download, Facebook will send an email to the address associated with your account.
Additionally, the account that was associated with the profile will be changed to a business account, which limits the access you have to information on Facebook. Business accounts can only maintain their Facebook pages and ad campaigns, cannot be found when doing a search, and those with business accounts cannot send or receive friend requests. Click here for more information on Facebook business accounts.
Once you have saved all of your important information and reviewed what it means to have a business account, you can begin the process of converting your profile to a Page.
For more information on converting your profile to a Page, click here.
How do I create a Facebook Page if I do not already have a profile set up for my company or business?
Whether or not you have an existing Facebook account, you can create a Page for your company or business by following the steps below:
- Go to Facebook’s Create a Page.
- Click on the category box that applies to your page
- Local Business or Place
- Company, Organization, or Institution
- Brand or Product
- Artist, Band, or Public Figure
- Cause or Community
- After you click on the box, fill out the required information relevant to that category, then check the box next to “I agree to Facebook Pages Terms.”
- On the next screen, you have two options:
- I already have a Facebook account (you will be asked to sign in), or
- I do not have a Facebook account (you will have to create a Business Account by filling in your email address and date of birth)
- Once you are logged in, you will be taken to a screen where you can add and edit information about your page as well as promote it to friends and contacts.
To return to your Facebook Page in the future:
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Click on the down arrow in the upper right corner.
- Under “Your Pages,” select the page you would like to manage and you will be redirected to the page.
- You can post as the page, or click on various areas of the page to edit, such as the cover photo, or access Settings.
How do I add someone as an admin for my page?
Since maintaining your social media presence can be a bit time consuming, there may come a time that you want to add someone else as an admin for your page(s) so that they can update information, post status messages, and respond to comments. There are a couple ways that you can do this, but we have found that this option often works the best:
- Have the person “like” your page if they have not done so already.
- Once they “like” your page, login to your page as admin (see instructions above).
- When you are viewing the managed page , go to Settings and choose People and Other Pages. You will be directed to a page displaying people who like your page, with the most recent “likes” at the top.
- Locate the person you want to give a page role to and click on the drop-down next to their name and choose “Assign a Page role”. Page Roles defined here: https://www.facebook.com/help/289207354498410
- Choose a page role and click Save. You will be asked to enter your password.
NOTE: Alternatively: You can go to Settings, choose Page Roles, click on “Add Another Person”, enter their Facebook email address, choose the page role and click Save. You will be asked to enter your password to validate the change.
Once you complete those steps, that person will officially be an admin for that page and will be able to manage and edit your Facebook page for you.
What are the different Facebook roles and what do they do?
There are 5 different page roles for a Facebook page. Not everyone has to be an admin.
How do I remove someone as an admin for my page?
The process of removing someone as an admin for your Facebook page is very similar to that of making someone an admin.
- Once you are logged in as Admin (see instructions above) and viewing the Page, click on Settings and choose Page Roles.
- On the next screen, you will be viewing everyone that has a Page Role.
- Next to the name of the admin you would like to remove, click on the ‘ X ’ and hit “Save” and enter your password.
Once you complete those steps, that person will officially be removed as an admin for that page and will no longer be able to manage and edit your Facebook page for you.