We know how busy you are, so we answered some of the top apartment marketing and leasing questions on Quora and summarized a few of them below.
Multifamily leasing FAQs
What apartment amenity attracts you to a location?
When searching various apartment communities, all of the basic amenities begin to blend together. Everybody has a pool, a sauna, a gym, or a dog park—which are all great.
We analyzed a month’s worth of chatbot conversations with our AI leasing assistant ResMate at one of our east-coast client locations. Here were the most popular amenity requests out of 721 total conversations:
- Pet Perks (not including requests for community pet policy)
- Paid utilities
- Security gate
How can older multifamily communities stay competitive in a growing market?
Start by implementing an AI leasing assistant. Prospective renters want answers fast, and 74% of people prefer using chatbots when looking for answers to simple questions. Not only do AI leasing assistants improve the renter experience, but it also accelerates the leasing process by up to 50%.
Comprehensive AI leasing assistants can handle more than just web chat conversations, too. Some also respond to emails, texts, phone calls, Google Business Profile chats, and ILS form submissions.
What do I do if I’m having a difficult time finding tenants for my apartment?
If your pricing is fair and the apartment is in good condition, you might just need to reach more people. Here are a few things you can try:
- Advertise on Google: Many apartment management companies use Google Ads to drive traffic to their sites and reach more prospective renters. Pros: it’s fast, easy to scale, and will quickly get a few people knocking on your door. Cons: it can be pricey if it’s not well-run/optimized.
- Update your Google Business Profile: If you want to stay on top of search results, especially when people are searching apartments in Google Maps, you need to keep your profile up-to-date.
- Showcase the apartment better: Take short videos and good pictures to put on your website and social channels.
What services are required for a good property management company?
Availability: You should be available when renters need you. This could mean a 24/7 maintenance line for emergencies, regular office hours to speak with a team member in person, or a website chatbot to answer questions after hours.
Property upkeep: One of the most frequent complaints about a property management team is about maintenance. Property upkeep is essential for keeping happy residents, and the maintenance team is on the front lines. You should ensure you have a large enough staff to properly address daily maintenance tasks in addition to resident requests.
Community advocate: For you, spending time at your community is a job—a way to earn a paycheck. But for those living in one of your apartments—it’s home. Your team should advocate for residents and help make your community a great place to live.
Multifamily marketing FAQs
How do I make the most of photos and videos in multifamily marketing?
High-quality photos and videos can help showcase your properties, amenities, and the local community. Here are a few tips:
- Showcase what life is like in your apartment community
- Use a consistent style to maintain a cohesive look and feel across all of your photos and videos
- Highlight unique aspects of your community that set you apart from other properties
- Create short-form videos (like apartment tours) to share on social media sites like TikTok and Instagram
How do I use Google Business Profile in apartment marketing?
You can market through Google Business Profile (formerly Google My Business) in several ways. The #1 thing you really need to do is to make sure all your information is up-to-date. The first thing any renter looking for a new apartment is going to do is search on Google—if you don’t have the right phone number, leasing office hours, or address then you’re immediately losing a whole bunch of leads.
Here are a few more ways you can optimize your Google Business Profile (GBP) to market your apartment community:
- Upload professional photos of your community, and be sure to show off your amenities
- Upload vacant units/floor plans as “products” so prospects can see what is available and browse different units (you can take this a step further by automating GBP posts to update availability when you have a new vacancy)
- Activate the chat function to interact with prospects through Google Messenger (Pro tip: AI leasing assistants like ResMate can connect with your GBP and chat with prospects 24/7)
- Connect your social media profiles (and make sure you’re updating those regularly, too)
- Respond to every review (the good, the bad, and the ugly)
Tip: If you’re looking to generate more leads through Google, this checklist is a great place to start!
What are some apartment marketing ideas?
Here are a few apartment marketing ideas:
- Provide virtual tours: virtual tours allow potential renters to experience your property without having to visit and can be a great way to show off your communities best features.
- Host community activities: not only will your outdoor movie night create a stronger sense of community, but it can also be an effective way to gather resident feedback.
- Utilize social media: consistently post on social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google Business Profile, and TikTok to reach a wider audience and promote your community.
Get the latest apartment marketing and AI leasing tips, tricks, and insights like these delivered straight to your inbox by signing up for our monthly newsletter.