Does your property have more than one Facebook Page?
If so, be flattered! It means residents like you. But naturally you want to control your Facebook presence, so the site now lets you merge fan pages with your business page.
Unfortunately, we can’t do it for you. For security reasons, the process has to be initiated by an official property representative.
Here’s how to get the ball rolling:
- Go to the fan page. ‘Claim’ the page by clicking ‘Is this your business?’ on the left side of the screen.
- In the dialog box, verify that you represent the company, then click ‘Proceed With Verification.’
- Enter business details as requested, including address, website, your position, etc. Click ‘Continue.’
- To complete the process, Facebook needs to call you. A new dialog box will confirm your phone number. If the information is correct, click ‘Call Me Now.’ When you get the call, listen for a four-digit PIN number.
- Enter the PIN number. You’ve now claimed the fan page and should have the option to merge it with your official page.
Be sure to let us know when you merge pages, and if you encounter any problems, we’ll do our best to help.